Top five FREE android apps
Android apps (short for applications) are mobile software designed for running on the Android operating system, which is one of the most popular platforms used in cellphones, tablets and other mobile devices.
Since Android was introduced, more than 400,000 Android apps have been developed and most of them are available for download from Google Play—the online store hosted by Google—but not all are free. To help you get the best of the free ones, we have selected some gems in each category and added them here in a convenient list with clear and brief descriptions of each application item.
Like the apps and want to give them a try? Search them by tapping the default Play Store app, or use one of the following ways to install the apps on your mobile device, quick and easy.
Quick Access to Android apps on Google Play:
- Move your mouse over the program icons and scan the QR Code images on this Android app list with your device’s barcode scanner; Or
- Click or tap the program titles on this Android app list in your PC’s or Android’s browser, then install the apps from Google Play.
We assume you have downloaded basic Android apps like Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, Google maps, Opera browser so we will only share best five productivity apps right now
1) Call Track – CallTrack logs your phone activity to your Google Calendar. You can select the type of calls to log (incoming, outgoing, and missed) and the calendar to log them in. You can also dump your current call log to your calendar.
2) Any.Do This is one of my favourite apps and the only Android app whose UI & UX design can give any apple app a run for its money. Basically a to-do app but its so neat and feature rich that you wont need any other app to organise your life. Any.DO makes it easy to get things done, anywhere.
With Any.DO you can now easily capture, organize, & share all the things you need to do. It’s free, simple & fun!
3) SMS backup This is one app which you will find very handy especially if your phone has less memory to store SMS or you want to keep a back up of all your SMS in your gmail. This app Automatically backs up SMS messages to your Gmail account. You need to have IMAP enabled in your Gmail preferences, which must be done through a computer.
4) Google goggles Search by taking a picture. Goggles uses image recognition technology to recognize objects and return relevant search results. Identifies products, famous landmarks, storefronts, artwork, and popular images found online. Goggles can translate words in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese & Russian.
5) Cam Scanner CamScanner turns your phone into a scanner. With CamScanner, you are able to digitize any paper documents by photo shooting. Simply take a picture of any paper documents such as receipts, whiteboards, notes, agreement and so forth, and CamScanner can auto-crop image, enhance image quality and create an industry standard PDF file. And you can easily upload documents to cloud like Dropbox, Google Doc, Box.net, and manage them by tagging or searching.
With CamScanner You Can Scan
* Receipt, Bill, Tax Roll
* Business Card, Membership Card, VIP card
* Agreement, PPT and Whiteboard
* Note, Memo, Script, Letter
* Books, Magazines, Newspaper, Poster, Coupon
* Courier Sheet, Resumes,