How to Backup gmail
If we are using gmail as our webmail we can do following things to backup our mails
1. Usign True Switch it can copy existing emails from your Gmail mailbox to your Hotmail account. Then set up auto-forwarding inside your Gmail so that copies of all incoming messages are automatically sent to your new Hotmail inbox. You just need a hotmail account.
2. Use GMail Backup 0.107 . Download gmail-backup-0.107.exe . Using this you can backup your gmail and google apps account and restore them for any problem you can refer
3. Amic Email Backup is another application which you can use to backup your mails.
4. How to backup Gmail account using Thunderbird : To do this, go to Gmail settings and on the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab, under “POP Download” select “Enable POP for all mail (even mail that’s already been downloaded)” under “1. Status”.
Select “keep Gmail’s Copy in the inbox”:
In Thunderbird add a new mail account (File > New > Mail account). Upon the beginning screen, insert a name, your Gmail address and Gmail password, then click “Continue”:
On the next screen, Thunderbird will automatically download the Gmail settings from its database.
select “POP” instead of “IMAP” for the incoming server. If you use an older Thunderbird version, click “Edit” and select enter the settings manually for the incoming server (POP) and enter the following info for the incoming server: pop.googlemail.com, port: 995 Now click “Create Account” in Thunderbird.
Now click “Get mail” and let the Gmail backup begin. Thunderbird will download all your Gmail emails – this will take a while. Now whenever you want to update the “backup”, simply open Thunderbird and let it do its job.
If you’re behind a firewall / router that blocks the incoming POP port (955), you can install TOR (http://www.webupd8.org/2010/09/how-to-install-tor-in-ubuntu-1010.html) and then use it as a SOCKS proxy in the Thunderbird settings.
5. You can use this apps Gmail Backup to backup google apps emails. Gmail Backup is a migration tool for Gmail service from Google. You can backup or restore your emails on any email account from Google and also do Incremental backup.
You can also read our related articles :