After Ten years journey of Orkut the time has come for it to close down. Its very sad Google failed to modify world first most popular social media platform and created a new platform Google+. But We all have accepted it, although the response to it nothing near to orkut’s primary stage’s acceptance.
Orkut actually played the role of facebook to some length. But as facebook came with better user interface and many more extra features and facilities Orkut started its journey towards its end.
As in every product life cycle it becomes imperative for the business firm to take decision on the continuity of the product’s life. Google has taken the decision on Orkut to end it on 30th September 2014.
Orkut’s entire user database will be available for download and migration until September 2016. Which can be done by Google Takeout. You can follow few simple steps given below to download all your Orkut data and migrate them to Google+.
You can download these items from Orkut:
Note that you can only export the testimonials and scraps you have received and their comments.
To download your Orkut information:
1. Go to the Google Takeout page.
2. Click Choose services and then select Orkut.
3. Click Create archive.
4. Wait for the archive to be ready. It may take some time. Optionally, you can be warned by email when it’s ready.
5. When it’s ready, click download.
6. There’s no limit on how many times your Orkut information can be downloaded.
Orkut users who also have a Google+ account can export their photo albums to Google+.
- Sign into your Google+ account.
- Go to http://www.orkut.com/AlbumsExport.
- Click each album you want to export or Select all.
- Click Import selected.
By default, the albums you export to Google+ will be set as private and only you will be able to see them.