How to track someone using internet and phone
One thing that we need to keep in mind that the person i want to track need to be connected via some electronic medium. Without that it is not possible to track him/her electronically then you might need someone physically running behind that person and informing you about his/her location. But with the advent of technology and challenging needs of our life everyone is adapting to technological requirement and having a phone and internet connection on move is not that redundant in many places now a days. So lets start tracking:
1. The first thing that comes to my mind is Google Latitude. Its free So if you’re journeying with a mobile phone that has Google Latitude installed, your friend & family members can track your exact location on Google Maps through any Internet connected computer.
2. Google Latitude Mobile app versions here you will get all the required available versions of it.
3. Its available for BlackBerry, Windows Mobile and Nokia S60 phones & iPhone.
4. So why is it needed ? It helps family to keep track of their dear and loved family member who is not at home. This can reduce frequent calling
requirements from family to the person outside.
5. Google latitude is completely safe. Because it gives you customised options to add friends to whom you want to be visible. Its privacy settings
gives you three options
A. Detect your location – In this option google will automatically collect your location information from the nearest cell phone tower. So, if you are activating this google will keep updating your location with your movement and as its a data intensive process it will charge you as per standard data plans. So you will need to have good data plan recharged to be on safer side as main balance dont get reduced. Also in this setup your mobile battery also gets a hit due to constant updation lots of battery charge is consumed so carrying a spare battery is recommended.
B. Set your location – Here by you will manually need to update your location.
C. Do not update your location – Here by your location information wont be updated at all.
6. Now come google geo location It can update your location in a wifi zone if you are connected to internet by any means and dont even have a mobile phone with you.
7. Using IGoogle also you can update your location yourself.
8. How to Use this for security of your kids. Put a phone in your kids school bag and put it in light/meeting mode where neither vibration nor sound comes. Now set up the google latitude for that phone. It will keep you updating about your dear son/daughters location.
9. Inside plane it don’t work. So update your status manually before boarding the plane and you can even leave a message of landing time.
10. Now beyond google you can use Trace Saver
“Tracesaver uses the power of your Smartphone to continually track your location and mobile network service with absolutely no cost, no obligations or hidden catches. Instantly download a simple phone app that continually monitors these key facts throughout your day.Simply install the Tracesaver app, register your e-mail address using your phone, we will send you a unique confirmation link; follow the link to complete your registration on the Tracesaver web site. Log in to your account with your secure, unique password to replay and review all data from your phone over the past day, week and month. They also promise of no email/sms marketing on your no. Also Access powerful summary reports of your whereabouts, telephony service and mobile usage. Identify network problems including low signal and dropped calls. Put your smartphone in the driving seat…” Its Claimed by www.tracesaver.com . Do read their terms and condition at Trace Saver
11. These services can also be used to track your commercial transport. a mobile can be attached and connected to a charger and set to charge whenever charge drops and put in use to track on road or off road commercial transports location.
To keep track of latest tech updates follow these articles :